If you would like to plan a heart attack in your future, here are some easy-to-follow steps to get you there in just a few short months or years:
1) Follow a low-fat diet.
2) Replace fat calories with “healthy whole grains” like whole wheat bread.
3) Eat “heart healthy” foods like heart healthy yogurt and breakfast cereals from the grocery store.
4) Use cholesterol-reducing plant sterols.
5) Take a multivitamin to obtain all the “necessary” nutrients.
6) Take the advice of your doctor who declares your heart “in great shape” based on your cholesterol values.
7) Take the advice of your cardiologist who declares your heart “like that of a 30-year old” based on a stress test.
Take a statin drug to reduce LDL and c-reactive protein while maintaining your low-fat diet.
9) Neglect sun exposure and vitamin D restoration.
10) Limit your salt intake while not supplementing iodine.
There you have it: An easy, 10-step process to do your part to help your local hospital add on its next $40 million heart care center.
If you would instead like to prevent a heart attack in your future, then you should consider not doing any of the above.
Change your life in 60 seconds